Follower

Mittwoch, 1. September 2010

Buffalo wings

Here´s another classic. My favorite bar food :)





Buffalo wings are always a hit for parties or snacking. Both spicy hot and deliciously mild recipes are listed below. Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce, or favorite sauce (try ranch dressing!). These popular chicken wings can be made the traditional way (Anchor Bar) or in a nuevo take on the buffalo wing recipe that started it the craze.

Ingredients:


4 pounds Chicken wings
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt (if desired)
4 cups Vegetable Oil
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
5 tablespoons Louisiana-brand hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar


Directions:
1. Chop off the tip of each chicken wing, and discard it. Chop the wing in half (cutting at the joint) to make 2 pieces. Grind on fresh black pepper and sprinkle with salt if desired.
2. Heat the oil over high heat in a deep skillet, Dutch oven, or deep-fat fryer until it starts to pop and sizzle (around 400degrees F). Add half the chicken wings and cook until they're golden and crisp, stirring or shaking occasionally. When done, remove them to drain on paper towels and cook the remaining wings.
3. Melt the butter or margarine over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, add the hot sauce and the 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Stir well and remove from the flame immediately.

4. Place the chicken on a warm serving platter, pour the sauce on top, and serve
Here is the original recipe created by Ms. Teresa Bellissimo, owner of the Anchor Bar and Restaurant, in Buffalo, NY. It is taken from Totally Hot! The Ultimate Hot Pepper Cookbook.
This recipe from CDKitchen for Anchor Bar Buffalo Chicken Wings serves/makes 4 lbs

24 Kommentare:

  1. Making me hungry, love chicken wings especially with spicy sauce.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. One of my fav´s! Making some right now^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. great recipe ive actually been using this one for years :P!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Look good, will have to try it sometime.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. man that looks awesome. maybe I'll share my recipe with you :P

    then again maybe not haha

    follow me! I'll return

    http://bigdailydose.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. the buffalo wings at hooters kick ass

    patrickdurden.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. wish i had some right now!

    http://deceptionx123.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. This looks really good, I'll try to make it another time.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. That looks mouth wateringly delicious.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. very nice...

    http://watcherrecords.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Oh my, hot wings are my favourite bar food too! Just had some the other night, except I prefer mine with Frank's Red Hot. It adds a flavour that no other sauce can, in my experience.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. jesus.... I just made some wings today, forgot the improvised recipe I use, they are dank, but I regret it now because I want to try your recipe.

    AntwortenLöschen