Almost lunch time mates. Let´s have a sandwich party =)
GRILLED & STUFFED CHICKEN CLUB SANDWICH
• Garnishes: Black Olives/Green Olives/Pickled Onions
• 2 pounds Boneless Chicken Breasts -cut into 8 slices
• Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
• 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Large Loaf of French or Italian Bread
• 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup Heinz Spicy Brown Mustard
• 1-1/2 pounds Thick Slab Bacon -Cooked Crisp and Drained on Paper Towels
• 4 Ripe Tomatoes -Thinly Sliced
• 3 Medium Avacados -Pitted, Peeled and Thinly Sliced
• 8 Large Bib Lettuce Leaves
Place the chicken slices between wax paper and pound to about 1/8-inch thickness.
Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the chicken until golden -about 1-2 mins per side.
Slice the loaf of bread horizontally and set aside.
Combine the mayonnaise with the spicy brown mustard in a small bowl.
To build the sandwich:
Spread the mustard-mayonnaise on each half of the bread.
Arrange the chicken slices on the bottom layer of the bread.
Top with the bacon, tomatoes, avacados, roasted red pepper strips and lettuce leaves.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top with the other bread half.
Garnish the sandwich loaf with toothpicks stuck through with olives and onions.